Thursday, May 21, 2009

AMC Report-Recap

Now that I finally got all my player reports written up here is my recap of players.

Impressive List

Marcus Crider SYF-Looked great this weekend...really athletic and can also shoot. I like those types of players. Also, he has good size at 6'5ish.

Dee Davis Team Indiana-I have been a fan of Davis for years, but I have always wondered if he will be able to do it at the mid-major or higher level because of his height. This weekend he started to prove to me that his lack of height will not matter. He will find a way to get it done.

Tony Springmann Spiece Select-Springmann had a dominating performance over the wealth of height that Team Indiana has on their team. If he adds a face-up game (he has range to 16 feet), then he will be a high-major player. Right now, I would say he is a high-major football recruit.

Mitch McGary SYF-First weekend of the spring for McGary and he looked great. Quick for his size, good range to about 17 feet, ability to finish around the rim with both hands. Big potential if his grades don't hold him back.

Griffin Mckenzie Eric Gordon-Mckenzie showed his full range this past weekend. Hitting a handful of 3's, but he is not soft like a lot of big guys that can shoot. He is more than willing to bang inside and has decent athleticism.

Keith Appling Michigan Mustangs-Appling is ridiculously explosive. Also showed that he can shoot at least at the mid-range. Michigan State has a good one here.

Ray McCallum Jr. Team Detroit- Quicker than I remember, long for a point guard, smart as a coach's son, and also displayed his range behind the arc. Great weekend for Ray.

Terrone Johnson Eric Gordon-Johnson had a very solid weekend. He displayed his full game...driving, mid-range, 3pt. range. He is better than what I saw from him during the high school season.

Those would be my most impressive from the 16U and 17U age groups. I didn't see enough 15's to have a list for them. Also, Erik Fromm ended up committing to Butler University this week.

Spiece Memorial Day tournament this weekend in Fort Wayne. No Indiana Elite teams will be there. I will get a catch to see Spiece Indy Fastbreak who were not at the Adidas May Classic.

No comments: