|1||Marquis Teague||6'2||PG||High Major||Pike||Kentucky|
|2||Cody Zeller||6'10||PF||High Major||Washington||Indiana|
|3||Branden Dawson||6'7||SF||High Major||Gary (Lew Wallace)||Michigan State|
|4||Michael Chandler||6'11||C||High Major||Lawrence North||Central Florida|
|5||Dee Davis||5'11||PG||High Major||Bloomington (South)||Xavier|
|6||Austin Etherington||6'6||SF||High Major||Hamilton Heights||Indiana|
|7||Andy Smeathers||6'6||SF||High Major||Center Grove||Butler|
|8||Nic Moore||5'8||PG||High Major Stretch||Warsaw||Illinois State|
|9||Justin Gant||6'8||PF||High Major Stretch||Terre Haute (North)||Indiana State|
|9||Steven Jamison*||6'6||SF||Mid Major Plus||Broad Ripple||Passed Away*|
|10||Jeremiah Jones||6'3||SG||Mid Major||Merrillville||SJ NW Miltary Acad.|
|11||Antonio Wilson||6'6||PF||Mid Major||Fort Wayne (North Side)|
|12||Kendall Griffin||6'5||SG||Mid Major||Avon||Wright State|
|13||Austin Richie||6'2||CG||Mid Major||Lowell||Western Michigan|
|14||Adonis Filer||6'3||SG||Mid Major||Bishop Noll||Brewster Academy|
|15||Jonny Marlin||5'11||PG||Mid Major||Center Grove||IPFW|
|16||Alex Pritchett||6'7||PF||Mid Major||Bedford North Lawrence||Wright State|
|17||Zac VanDeWater||6'4||SG||Mid Major||Whitko||Indiana Wesleyan|
|18||Chris Page||6'4||SG||Low Major Plus||Plainfield||Albany|
|19||Michael Albrecht||5'11||PG||Low Major Plus||Crown Point||Northfield Mt. Hermon|
|20||Max Landis||6'2||PG||Low Major Plus||Perry Meridian||Gardner Webb|
|21||Spencer Turner||6'3||SG||Low Major Plus||Bloomington (South)||Belmont|
|22||Joe Crisman||6'4||SG||Low Major Plus||Munster||Loyola (Chicago)|
|23||Jalen Packer||6'2||PG||Low Major Plus||Princeton||Western Illinois|
|24||Tyler Greathouse||6'9||PF||Low Major Plus||Columbus North||Indiana Wesleyan|
|25||Josh Gentry||6'5||SF||Low Major||Pike||North Dakota|
|26||Jared Smoot||6'9||C||Low Major||Crown Point||Navy|
|27||Evan Maschmeyer||6'3||SG||Low Major||Jefferesonville||New Hampton Prep|
|28||Eric Stutz||6'8||PF||Low Major||Castle||Eastern Kentucky|
|29||William Barnes||6'3||SG||Low Major||Marion||SW Tennessee CC|
|30||Alec Peterson||6'10||C||Low Major||Carmel||Huntington|
|31||Dustin Smith||6'2||CG||Low Major||Eastern Hancock||Maine Central Institute|
|32||P.J. Boutte||5'7||PG||Low Major||Indianapolis (Howe)||Detroit|
|33||Jerrick Ware||5'10||PG||Low Major Stretch||East Chicago Central||Trinity Valley JC|
|34||Logan Thomas||6'1||CG||Low Major Stretch||Monroe Central||Ball State (Student)|
|35||Alexander Hutson||6'1||PG||Low Major Stretch||Seeger||Ancilla JC|
|36||Juwan Brescacin||6'5||PF||Low Major Stretch||Culver Academy||Northern IL (Fball)|
|37||Matt Schauss||6'4||SG||Low Major Stretch||Centerville||Bethel College|
|38||Chandler Thomas||6'5||PF||Low Major Stretch||Cathedral||Maryland-Baltimore Co|
|39||Demetrius Lawson||6'2||CG||Low Major Stretch||Zionsville||Mt. Vernon Nazarene|
|40||Brandon Clark||6'0||PG||Low Major Stretch||Merrillville||Santa Clara|
|41||Chris Whitehead||5'9||PG||Low Major Stretch||New Albany|
|42||Ben Davisson||6'10||C||Low Major Stretch||Renesselar Central||W.Michigan (football)|
|43||Brandon Smith||5'11||PG||D2||Cathedral||Lynn College|
|44||Ricky Carbajal||6'6||PF||D2||Munster||Quincy (IL)|
|45||Spencer Comer||6'3||CG||D2||Rushville||St. Francis|
|46||David Quarles||6'5||SF||D2||Ben Davis|
|47||Jon Trawick||6'3||SF||D2||Richmond||Mott CC|
|48||Ryan Rebholz||6'7||SF||D2||Fishers||Morehead St. (walkon)|
|49||Sam Cooper||6'6||PF||D2||Perry Meridian|
|50||Lloyd Milton||6'3||SF||D2||Fall Creek Academy|
|52||Greg Dickey||5'11||PG||D2||Tipton||St. Francis|
|53||Lonnie McElwain||6'9||C||D2||Northwest||Panola JC|
|55||JaVonte Young||6'2||SG||D2||Mishawaka||Iowa Central CC|
|56||Jordan Hahn||5'11||PG||D2||New Castle||Huntington|
|58||Dontray Chavis||6'5||PF||D2||Princeton||Cincinnati State CC|
|59||Michael Nesbitt||6'6||PF||D2||La Lumiere Prep|
|60||Brian Stolarz||6'4||SF||D2||Munster||IU (student)|
|61||Ken Mullen||5'9||PG||D2||Fort Wayne (Luers)||IU (football)|
|62||Kenny Enoch||6'3||SG||D2||Indianapolis (Howe)||Vincennes|
|63||Evan Brinkmeyer||6'3||SF||D2||Evansville Reitz||Southern Indiana|
|64||James Sanders||6'5||SF||D2||Michigan City|
|66||Nyree Robinson||6'3||SG||D2||Carmel||Danville Area CC|
|67||Aaron Abram||6'3||SF||D2||Lew Wallace (Gary)||JUCO|
Friday, July 15, 2011
Sunday, May 23, 2010
All updates of the blog will now only be available at inbasketballsource.com. Go there and create a free account. Sections will be restricted to users only this week. Accounts are easy to create as it is just an email address, user name, and password.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Here is my top 16 for the class of 2013 so far. Once again, it is a combination of college potential and current skill level.
H=High major H- = High major Stretch
H=High major H- = High major Stretch
M+ = Mid-major, higher possibly, M=Mid-major, M- =Mid-major stretch
L+ = Low major, higher possibly, L= Low-major, L- = Low-major stretch
- Collin Hartman 6’5 Cathedral H Good without the ball, very good shooter, always looking to attack, average athlete for a high major prospect. Best when he is coming off screens and either shooting or attacking when the defender is out of position.
- Basil Smotherman 6’5 SF Heritage Christian H Long arms, quick, good athlete, good basketball IQ like a coach’s son should have, great shooter. Purdue and Xavier have offered so far.
- Darryl Baker 6’2 Jeffersonville H Power guard, good shooter with great range, penetrates to create for others just as much as he drives to score, still recovering from knee injury but looked healthy April 11.
- Bryson Scott 6’1 Fort Wayne Northrop H- Change of pace and crafty moves with the ball makes him really hard to guard at this level. He is also strong for his age and finishes well right below the rim. If you play off to stop his penetration, he can knock down jumpers from the outside. The twins play full speed the whole game. He is fun to watch.
- Devin Davis Jr. 6’6 F Warren Central H- Long, active rebounder, finishes well. Looks like he could grow more and has the fundamentals to improve as a perimeter player. Has been showing more and more of an outside skill set lately.
- V.J. Beachem 6’5 Fort Wayne Harding SG Big time potential, ultra long arms, ability to handle the ball, good shooter. He hasn’t been too aggressive looking to score when I have seen him.
- Richard Freeman 6’7 Lawrence Central PF H Good looking lefty stroke to about 17’, athletic, great looking frame. It seems like he will be really good this time next year. Potential is ahead of his skill level by a good margin right now.
- Brenton Scott 6’0 Fort Wayne Northrop M+ Much like his brother and I can’t really tell them apart, but I believe Bryson is slightly better in terms of scoring ability and play making ability.
- Phillip Owens 5’11 PG Heritage Christian Ultra quick, good handles, can shoot it from the outside, will go for the flashy play at inopportune times. Very similar to Zavier Turner, but I think Owens is a better shooter and scorer at this point although Turner is more controlled and won’t take some of the bad shots that Owens will.
- Milos Kostic 6’8 Bishop Noll M+ Solid complete skill set that you would expect from a European-type big man. Kostic picked up an early offer from Northwestern as he fits their mold perfectly.
- Demetrius Jackson 6’1 Mishawaka M Solid body for a freshmen point guard, good athlete although he doesn’t seem ultra-quick, very good handles.
- Zavier Turner 5’8 PG Pike Played a pure point guard role for Pike his freshmen year. He displayed great court vision and very tough on ball defense.
- Zak Irvin 6’3 SF Hamilton Southeastern M Good looking shooting form, can handle the ball, very long. Lots of potential at this point. Similar build as Basil Smotherman, but he doesn’t have the skill set that Smotherman has at this point.
- Franco House 6’5 Concord PF M Strong, finishes well, dominates inside at this age, but might be done growing. He does move well though. House showed more of a perimeter game this weekend with a full array of dribble moves while driving.
- Clay Yeo 6’4 Triton SG M More athletic than he looks, good shooter, unsure of his handles at this point. I like his length for a shooter.
- Nick Davidson 6’3 SG Andrean Had a great year for Andrean starting most of the season if not all for their varsity team. Definitely need to see him more, he might be ranked too low for right now.
Complete 2013 Overall rankings http://inbasketballsource.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=59&Itemid=81
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
- AJ Hammons 6’10 Carmel H Love his touch and footwork around the basket also passes well against double teams. I wish Carmel would give him more touches because he makes so many good things happen.
- Jeremy Hollowell 6’7 Lawrence Central H Extremely long, good shooter from distance, drives the ball well. Lots of upside but inconsistent. He should be a pro one day if he hits the weight room hard and continues to develop his game extremely hard. All the natural ability anyone could ever ask for.
- Gary Harris 6’4 Hamilton Southeastern H Good length, good set shooter, solid with the ball. Harris and Hollowell have the most upside in the class. Both are nowhere near their potential yet. Harris seems like a kid who wants to become better and might have a slight chip on his shoulder because he didn’t get the early attention that other 2012’s got from schools. Might be more of a 2 right now, but can also play point…I would like him to be more aggressive with the ball
- Ron Patterson 6’3 Broad Ripple H Athletic as you can get for this age, good shooter…set and off the dribble, solid defender. Weakness-would like him to tighten up his handles. Probably is going to be a SG in college as I don’t see him making the switch to PG. His athleticism will allow him to guard most HM guards.
- D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera 6’3 North Central H- Crafty, strong as a bull, smart with the ball. He is a great defender because of his strength and great will to win. If you haven’t seen him play, think Byron Eaton the former Oklahoma State PG.
- Yogi Ferrell 5’11 Park Tudor H- Quick, very good with the ball i.e. change of pace, decision making. Outside shot has improved greatly but still inconsistent. When he has the outside shot going he is unstoppable.
- Austin Burgett 6’8 Avon M+ Can shoot, can put the ball on the floor, passes well, also rebounds. Added strength and aggressiveness could take his game to the next level, which is a very elite level. Burgett did not have the high school season most expected. He will have to be more assertive in the spring to keep his stock this high.
- Glenn Robinson, Jr. 6’5 Lake Central M+ Slasher that doesn’t force things, solid athlete, decent handles, good shooting form although he doesn’t look for his shot much. He would rather drive. Finished well at the rim against good size.
- Dejuan Marrero 6’5 Bowman M+ Solid athlete but not a freak, good rebounder, good motor. I definitely like his toughness and how he gets after on the court.I’m unsure what position he will play at the next level. It looks like he could end up being an undersized PF. He has a lot of work to do to become a perimeter player. Improving shooter, but still a lot to work on and I don’t think he has any ball handling skills whatsoever.
- Rhett Smith 6’6 Sullivan M True inside/outside player, good post moves, drives the ball well. Rhett has added some weight over the last year. I don’t know if it is mostly muscle or what but he is noticeably bigger than last summer. Weakness-not super athletic although he has a good first step.
- Rafeal Davis 6’5 Fort Wayne South M Shooter, good length, strong for age. Not a great athlete, he is long so he can dunk but he isn’t jumping out of the gym by any stretch. Weakness-early maturation and could be done growing.
- Nick Osborne 6’7 Muncie Central M Moves well, strong body for a sophomore. Rebounds out of his area. Right now, he gets most of his baskets off rebounds and when penetrators draw people and he is left with an easy lay-up. He has shown some post moves, but you aren’t going to throw it to him in the post and let him go to work.Decent leaper although he isn’t going to have many highlight dunks..
- Edward Seay 6’8 Merrillville M+ Long, active in the post. A high potential guy. Needs a lot of refinement, but could definitely get there in two years.
- Kellen Dunham 6’3 Pendleton Heights M Shooter, can create off the bounce, takes care of the ball. Is not very explosive. Lateral quickness worries me.
- Ronnie Johnson 5’10 North Central M Very quick, good lefty shooter, small right now. Brother is Terone Johnson.
- D.J. Ballentine 5’11 Kokomo M Crafty with the ball, good shooter but would like him to look to get to the rim more often.
- Dylan Langkabel 6’3 Morristown M Very good shooter, good elevation on his jumper, uses screens well, not going to go 1 on 1 to get his shot very often, competitor, decent handles. Athleticism/who he can guard will determine how high he can play at the next level.
- Brent Calhoun 6’8 Warren Central M Lefty (I love lefty post players), good shot blocker, developing jump hook. Slimmer than last summer. Improving athleticism. Potential is much higher than his current skill level.
- Tyler Corley 5’10 Lawrence Central M Quick, good handles, good shooter from the outside
- Kellon Thomas 5’10 Southport M- Leader, good decision maker, improving shooter, strong, finishes well in the lane. Weakness- shooting ability
- Patrick Ingram 6’3 North Central M Strong body, more of a mid-range shooter than 3pt shooter, likes to get to the rim.
- Mike Ramey 6’5 Southport M Quick, solid strength for his age, good with the ball, very good shooter.
- Harry Willis 6’1 Ben Davis M- Quick first step, great defender, will create easy baskets for other with his quickness, can finish inside against bigger players.
- Kendall Waters 5’11 Pendelton Heights M- Solid shooter, quick, good defensively, looks to make plays for teammates more than himself, very hard-nosed
- Tyler Alderman 6’9 Fishers M+ Probably will be moved to the Power Forward section. When I saw him, he was facing a zone defense that featured 2 6'10 players. He did show great athleticism...jumps really well, moves well, and can run
- Jared Drew 6’6 Lawrence Central M- Solid athlete, long, gets to the rim easily. Weakness-shot selection
- Jordan Burton 6’7 Edinburgh M Posts well, good post moves, good rotation on shot although flat, runs well, not explosive off the floor.
- Logan Irwin 5’11 L Whitko L+ Strong, leader, slasher, creator. Needs to improve shooting.
- R.J. Hunter 6’2 Pike M- Shooter, long, smart. Weakness-rail thin
- Brad Hartman 6’5 Union County L+ Good shooting form, gets after the boards, good basketball IQ
- Daniel Purvlicis 6’6 Noblesville M- Good looking shot, solid footwork in the lane, wingspan looks much bigger than his 6’6 height, needs strength work. Has to be more aggressive to make that next step in his development.
- Aaron Payne 6’2 Broad Ripple L Plays more of a pg position but struggles with decision making at times.
- Adam Botts 6’0 Muncie Central M- Good shooter, steady with the ball, leader
- Travis Britt 6’3 Culver Academy M- Strong, gets to the rim very well (Old for his grade I believe)
- Jodan Price 6’6 Lawrence Central L+ A true 6’6, potential guy right now, tentative at times
- Joel Smith 6’5 Heritage Christian L+ Strong, smart, good motor, solid mid-range set jumper. Might be done growing.
- Rashad Richardson 6’4 Lafayette Jeff L+ Long, handles the ball but is loose with it right now, unusual shoot from the outside but is consistent with it. Length is his major strength to his game.
- Da Veon Balls 6’0 Lawrence North L+ Quick, good handles, solid outside shot
- Kyle Wuest 6’2 Edinburgh L Athletic slasher with a good mid-range pull-up game.
- D.J. Neal 5’11 Fort Wayne North L+
- Riley Rapp 6’0 Guerin Catholic L+ Mostly a shooter right now, but has the ability and quickness to get to the rim off the dribble.
- Ben Gardner 5’11 Carmel L+ Lefty, great with the ball, quick enough to penetrate and finishes well at the rim. Looks to pass more than to shoot
- Jordan VanTreese 6’8 Lawrence North L+ Stephen’s brother, developing, plays hard, rebounds well
- Keith Cochran 6’9 Bluffton L+ Good touch, still catching up to his body.
- Nathan Cox 6’7 Morristown L- Solid post moves, good motor, unathletic, doesn’t move too well.
- Aloyis Gray 6’5 Brebeuf L+ Extremely long, active rebounder
- Mitch Yeagy 5’10 L Alexandria L Smart player, good shooter
- Shawn Heffern 6’5 Carmel L Strong with solid post moves
- Thomas Treadway 6’4 Zionsville Lanky, good set shooter
- Mike Lenz 6’1 Brebeuf Slasher, tough, good mid-range game